Monday, December 17, 2007

LET IT SNOW!!!!

On Saturday we decided to head up North to experience the fabulous snow that dropped over the week. My cousin Becky & I were going to go during the week, but we decided to make it a family affair. We started by visiting the cabin they are building with their family. There was a little sledding right next to the cabin & the boys got out to sled.

I was happily surprised to see that my son LOVED the snow!!! It was all we could do to convince him that he needed to share the sled (which wasn't even ours by the way) with his cousins.
He discovered pretty quickly how a snow ball fight works simply by watching his Dad bean his Mom with several snow balls! :)

He even tried to start a snow ball fight with his cousin Gage. Gage was not too fond of that idea.
We finally got him to share the sled! Though Jack wasn't very excited about being in the freezing cold snow. It was, afterall, about 25 degrees outside... BRRRRR!
Caiden was even adventerous enough to try the steep hill on his own! This is just the start of the hill before Dad got him lined up & let go. He was yelling "WOO-HOO!!!" the whole way down. Caiden even made a snow angel after watching me! (I did have to help him move his arms up & down however!) And of course, he just HAD to eat some of that delicious cold stuff!
We tried to get a family picture, but Caiden would have nothing to do with it. He just wanted to keep playing. This was the best shot we could get.My Husband REALLY wanted to load the bed of the truck to take snow home...So we surprised the neighborhood with a small sledding slop (seen in the very back) and introduced them all to snow ball fights. None of the kids had ever seen, let alone played, in snow before. We rang their door bells & left a big block of snow on their porch while we quietly waited & surprise attacked them when they came to the door. It was great!!!
This video is my first attempt, I really wanted to post it because I found it so halarious. Caiden layed in this pile of snow for at least 5 minutes, just swimming & digging! He was LOVING it. Hopefully it loads OK.

4 comments:

Lorien said...

looks fun! The video is great.

I love that you brought a bed full of snow home. Awesome.

Becky said...

That was a fun day!! Exhausting too. But I am ready to do it again. I am sorry we missed the snow party!! Hey and send me the pics you took of us, will ya??!! :)

Trisha said...

You guys are hilarous! A truck bed full of snow for the neighbors... I love it.

Anonymous said...

This was the best day ever. I blogged about it as well: http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read.php?post_id=643076&edited=1