Friday, September 14, 2007

Long Lost Love

Last night I rediscovered my love of sewing. Several months ago I attempted to make a shower gift, a personalized hooded towel. I tried to follow the pattern of the hooded towel my husbands aunt gave me when I had my son, but my sewing machine is not top notch quality & I was unable to sew through so many layers of thick terry-cloth. The first attempt at a hooded towel worked, but not fabulously.
So this weekend I have a baby shower for a coworker who is having twin girls and I decided that I would give the hooded towel(s) another attempt. I altered the pattern slightly, getting rid of the darts that I had failingly attempted the first time, and it was a success. At least I think so, see for yourselves.
I was up until 1 am finishing the final touches (the flowers & initials). I had such a good time, except for the few glitches the sewing machine had while sewing the hoods on. I had forgotten how much I love sewing and how fun it can be, especially once you have a finished project.

No comments: