Thursday, September 13, 2007

Yucky

This morning I was struck by how much kids absorb and learn, even when we don't think we are teaching them. This morning we had an experience that made me laugh, cringe and freak out all at the same time. My son wanted to help take the dogs (we have two very large dogs) out for breakfast and a potty break, so I helped him poor the food and we sat on our bench in the nice (90 degree) 7 am weather while the dogs ate and did their business. After they were finished eating we all came in and as I was getting my sons breakfast ready, he decided to share something he had learned this morning. Our female dog, Roxie, was standing by my side and my son walks up right behind her, points (& touches) right below her tail, makes a scrinched face and says "YUCKY!" Needless to say, I grabbed his hand, washed it with soap and water and hand sanitizer several times before allowing him to eat his breakfast! Oh, the innocense and ignorance of little ones!!! Disgusting!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Monica I am so glad you are blogging!! It's GREAT, but addictive!! Welcome. It will be fun to keep up with you, since it seems we are both so busy!!

Trisha said...

I'm so glad you joined the blogging party!

beckya said...

Monica it worked! You are my first official "blog"! That's a cute picture in Zion - fun trip :)