Thursday, February 7, 2008

My son has developed a silly & unexplainable love for dental floss! Ever since his Grandpa shared some flavored floss on one of our trips to Utah, he has been seeking out our floss whenever we aren't looking. The funny thing is I don't buy the flavored kind. It has no flavor whatsoever! So, the other day I was working on the computer when I realized there had been a few minutes of quiet. When it is quiet in my house & my son is not sleeping, you know he is up to NO good. I immediately went to look for him in our room, he also loves pulling clothes out of my drawers. I could hear some noise & giggling coming from my closet, so I figured he was just playing hide & seek behind his Dad's shirts again. This is what I found...

If you can't tell in the those two pictures, there was a reason he was giggling. He was sharing the dental floss with our dog Roxie. She too was sucking and sampling the floss, from the other end. It was our own version of Lady & the Tramp. I grabbed the floss (after taking pictures of course) so that Roxie wouldn't actually swallow it. Yesterday we went to the Phoenix Zoo. Probably for the last time. This saddens me. My Son had a GREAT time. He was more independent and out of the stroller this time than ever before. (He will actually come back to you when you ask him to, most of the time). He even climbed up this staircase to the Giraffe lookout all by himself. You could tell how proud he was when he got to the top! (We don't have stairs in our house, so he is not used to climbing them).
At the Zoo they have a cute farm called Harmony Farm where they have real & play tractors and farm equipment for the kids to climb & play on. My son liked this tractor the best.
We also went to the goat petting zoo again. He loves petting & following all the goats around.

My husband is, again, in Utah for the final portion of his Firefighter job application process. He was one of 11 to pass the written exam and 1 of 9 to make it through the physical testing to the interview. So tonight he will be going to an interview for a part time position with Lehi Fire. We are still going to be moving next weekend. Man do I have a lot of work to do. I will keep posting with progress as it comes along.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That is hilarious what Caiden did with the dental floss. Its funny how a little quiet in the house means trouble! We go through the same thing with Branson. They think if they are quiet, we won't know what they are up to, but that's when we know we need to go see what they are up too. :-) Gotta love those boys. Awesome news about Jeff and how well he's doing. Can't wait to have you guys here in Utah, although I'm sure its bitter sweet leaving AZ.

willus said...

floss the dog??? That's funny. Great pics!

Have you packed a box today? Can't wait for you to get back in Utah county. But ugh! I hate to think of the work of moving. Love ya. MOM

Becky said...

Let us know, I'm dying to hear what's up w/ the hubby!!

That's funny about the floss-- was Supi helping??!! I'm still planning on helping you out on Wednesday-- I'll call ya!

Trisha said...

I can't believe you're leaving so soon. I wish we could have gotten together more than once!

Travel safely and if you need someone to come help you let me know! I can bring my kiddos up to watch Caiden and we can pack if you need!