Wednesday, February 20, 2008

We have arrived

Just a quick little entry & update.  The final stages of packing and loading were an adventure.  Thanks to everyone who helped us get on our way.  It was very difficult to leave the comfort and safety of our little neighborhood!  (We miss you Clarks, Tupas and Amundsens!)  I had to choke back the tears the entire way through Phoenix.  My little Brother (who flew down to help us drive the vehicles) probably thought I was pretty pathetic.  We left AZ on Saturday evening & stayed with our cousins at their family cabin in Flagstaff.  (Thank you Rhoners for letting us crash in on you last minute!).  The drive up to Utah was basically uneventful.  My little Bro drove the pickup truck towing the U-haul trailer (we had to pick the U-haul up last minute because we have so much crap) and my Hubby drove the Penske truck that was towing my Maxima.  My little Bro was creative enough to place a Nerf dart to the back window of my car before leaving our house in Gilbert, AZ... and it made it the whole way to Utah!!!  I have a few pictures of it along the way I'll publish soon.  We arrived around 8 pm Sunday night and had some members of the Elders quorum of our new ward come help unload the Penske early Monday morning in the freezing cold.  

My Hubby had his interview with the Fire Chief yesterday afternoon and got the position as part time fire fighter with the Lehi Fire Department.  Last night he went to the new hire orientation and brought home his very own fire fighter gear.  Pants, jacket, boots and hat!!!  He was pretty excited about that!  

I went for my final appointment and interview with Timpanogos hospital and signed paperwork with them this morning.  I just have to wait a week for my background check and drug screening and I will officially be employed!  So as you can see, things are going well. 

We still have a TON of unpacking and organizing to do!!!  But that too will come.  

We miss all of our friends in Arizona!  You are all welcome to come up and visit anytime!  I'll keep posting updates if anything new arrises!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Glad you arrived safely and didn't have any major hang ups with moving. Sure are happy to have you guys here in Utah although I'm sure you are missing AZ and your friends there. Congratulations on Jeffs job with Lehi Fire department and your job at Timpanogos hospital. That is actually where I've had both my babies! I love it there. Will you be in delivery? Love you guys!

Brittani said...

I have been waiting for the post about the jobs! awesome. I talked to my girlfriend Ashley at timp and she says she already knew about you! They are pretty excited to have you... as they should be! talk to you soon

Becky said...

I am so glad you made it. I've been thinking about you guys. I always knew someday you'd end up back in Utah, but I never really thought too much about it. And now you're gone!! We've enjoyed Caiden's friendship and the boys will miss him. We need to plan a Utah trip. I am so glad everything is working out so well for you guys!! I guess your going 'home' was truly meant to be! We'll miss you!!

Trisha said...

I'm glad you made it safely back! Thank heavens for blogs so we can stay in touch! Congrats on the jobs and the successful move.

Anonymous said...

The neighborhood is just not the same without you guys! It's so weird being outside and not hearing Supai or Roxy or having Caiden bust in through the front door to visit. Sniff. Just not the same at all!
I'm so glad the drive went smoothly and a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to Jeff! That's awesome! He must be so excited. Congratulations on your job as well!
We miss you guys. If you ever get tired of snow, you're always welcome to visit!

Becky said...

Here is that site: http://matiekay.blogspot.com/