Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Work Begins

So, I still do not have my computer hooked up to the Internet & have to use other peoples computers for my blog entries. That is why I have yet to post pictures. We will work on getting the Internet connection figured out this weekend.

I started my first official day as an employee at Timpanogos Hospital today. It was comprised of filling out paper after paper after paper, followed by giving away my blood and receiving a few shots, followed by a few hours of computer training and testing. FUN! Tomorrow I go in for more computer training and a staff meeting to meet the nurses I will be working with in Labor & Delivery. I am still unsure of when my first day on the unit will be, maybe Friday, maybe not until next week. Anyway... Things continue to move forward with rapid pace.

My Hubby has been to a few nights of training and new hire orientation with the Fire Department and seems to be loving every minute of it. Never doubted that he would.

Though I deeply miss all of my AZ friends, it has been great to get together with friends here in UT. I have gone out with one of my long time friends twice already this week. She has two girls, one is 6 months older than my son and the other is 1 year younger. They all usually have a good time together, except when they are tired. :)

It is a strange feeling being here permanently. I keep feeling like "okay, vacation is about over, lets pack up and head back to AZ." And then I have to remind myself, that no, this is home now. It's a great feeling, and yet a little sad too. My son seems to be adjusting to it with no problem at all! (Thank goodness he is such a resilient and easy going kid. Not like his mother, definitely gets that from his Dad!)

4 comments:

mo said...

Thanks Becky for giving me the website to help make my blog more attractive! I will need to get more info from you so I can really personlize my blog like you have yours!

Alisha said...

Mon--when are we going to get together?!?

Becky said...

WOW! Monica, I was to ask you...the blog looks wonderful! Do you want to make a header now?? I am still learning that part. Let me know what you are ready to go next! I'm glad you guys are getting settled and work is going good. It's so weird to me too that you have moved so far away!! It was great to talk to you the other night!!

Brittani said...

haha! I can't believe you found my midwife blog! I hadn't told anyone about that! hehee. I think I am starting a family blog this week. it will be way better that all my random midwife posts. Everyone at work says hi! We miss you monica--- let me know how everything is working out